Sunday, March 15, 2009

literature ~


It all goes back to grandma Mabel. Little did I know until this week, that she influenced my love of Siamese cats.
On Friday I stopped by may folks' house and one of the thing mom wanted me to pick up was a book she found when dad brought a box down from the attic. (All my life, their attic has also been known as a black hole. Whatever goes there is rarely seen again ~ in this case, surely it has been close to 40 years.)
The Cat Book was the surprise she had for me. Published in 1964, The Cat Book is a frolicking romp through the gleeful life of a cat.

Dear grandma and grandpa gave me this book filled with cats for Christmas when I was just 7 months old. Not only beginning my love of felines, but educating me on cat culture and cat skills: yawning, stretching, claw sharpening, playing, purring...



The book also shared a glimpse into my future with Marcel and cat teeth...



Oh yes, and the beauty of the Siamese, much more lovely than butterflies...



And cats and yarn...



And cat boxing ~ a hair-raising sport to say the least. Cats look on with concern...



Oh thank you dear grandma and grandpa ~ Marcel thanks you too.



No comments:

Post a Comment