Sunday, September 13, 2009

inky…

2

Fun, yes, but very inky. I’ve had very colorful hands during the last week. I kind of went stamp cutting crazy. You saw the beginning of my linocut stage at the end of August ~ since then I’ve been cutting and stamping and doing some all around messy stuff with ink.

1

34

Now I have about 80 bookmarks all stamped up and tasseled with beaded handspun yarn. I’m afraid I can’t stop! This has mostly been a late night activity since they days have been very busy. Next I’m going to make a bunch of gift tags in themes (fiber arts, bugs, generic designs, and maybe birds).

6798

All of this stuff will be for sale at the next Whatcom Weavers Guild sale on October 16 and 17 in Bellingham. This is the 10th year for the sale and only the 4th for me. I hope I can make a bit of cash to fund the upcoming Judith MacKenzie McCuin workshop offered by NWHandspun Yarns ~ it will be another three-day brain bending fiber filled workshop.

Here are some gift tags in the works.

5

Below are some images I took at last Wednesday’s guild meeting. Guild member Sheri Ward came up with a great idea/challenge for members. She suggested that people find a mug and make a companion mug rug over the summer with the creations and mugs being donated this fall to one of the shelters in town that helps battered and homeless women. The mugs and rugs are to be given to women who are moving out of the shelter to their new homes. Thanks Sheri for such creating a “kind gesture” project for the guild.

mug1

mug3

mug2

10

Bookmark anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment